Location: 171 Moultrie St. Charleston, SC 29409
Date: Saturday, 21 April 2018
Early Packet Pick-Up: Friday, 20 April from 5-7 p.m. in
Mark Clark Hall Auditorium.
*Race Packets will include a race shirt and
product from our sponsors.
**All registrations after April 1 are not guaranteed a
shirt in their preferred size so register early!
Race Day Packet Pick-Up: 6-7 a.m. (Mark Clark Hall Aud.)
Pre-Race Brief: 7:00 - 7:30 a.m. (Mark Clark Hall Aud.)
Race Start: 8:00 a.m.
*Waves start every two minutes (two teams per wave)
**Team start times will be sent out the week of the event
Awards Presentation: 12:00 p.m.
*Championship trophy granted to the 1st place team
Registration: Will open in October 2017
Audience: All beginners, fitness enthusiasts, and suckers for pain are encouraged to come out to this event! Test your metal and grit while also having the time of your life.
Obstacle Course Clinic: Thursday, 19 April 2018 from 4-5 p.m. at Jenkins Hall front door.
Parking: On-campus parking will be provided.
team themes are encouraged!
2017 COURSE DESCRIPTION
1. Start at 2nd Bn Pad
1. Start at 2nd Bn Pad
- Two teams will start every two minutes.
- Run to the start of o-course.
- Teams will not conduct parallel bars at beginning of course.
- Every member of the team must complete the obstacle before moving on to the next one.
- If a certain team member needs help, the other members can complete the obstacle and then go back to help their fellow racer in need.
- If a team member cannot clear an obstacle with the aid of others, the entire team must conduct five burpees (to the side of the o-course) before resuming to the next obstacle.
- The rope only needs to be climbed twice. One member can do it twice for the entire team, or two separate members can climb the rope for the entire team.
- Teams will pick up three (3) sand bags right outside the O-Course gate.
- Teams will pick up two (2) 30-pound ammo cans (while still carrying three (3) sand bags) and run around Wilson Field track once, dropping ammo cans at start point.
- Each team will conduct a total of 60 dead hang pull-ups between all four members.
- Only one racer can be on the pull up bar at a time.
- Team members may assist each other if muscle failure has been reached, but all pull-ups will be completed.
- Each team will flip a tractor tire from the start point to a set of cones and back (approx. 50 meters).
- Two of the four team members will participate; the others will run alongside.
- The two members will low crawl to the first set of cones and then transition to a baby crawl to the second set of cones.
- At this point, one member will position him/herself behind the other and buddy drag their partner to another set of cones.
- The member performing the buddy drag will then attempt to toss a fake grenade into a marked-off square area.
- If unsuccessful, the entire team must perform 20 push-ups each before continuing on to the next obstacle.
- Teams will enter the stadium near the Bulldog and run up and down the home-side stairs, exiting out the other side of the stadium.
- Teams will drop their sandbags off after exiting the stadium stairs.
- They will then run back onto the street, past the intersection of Fishburne/Hagood.
- After crossing the intersection of Fishburne and Hagood, one team member will be the “casualty,” and will be fireman-carried on the shoulders of another teammate for approximately 300 meters to the MUSC parking garage.
- The racer carrying the casualty can switch off, but the casualty remains the same.
- At the entrance to MUSC Parking Garage, team members will carry the “casualty” on a stretcher through all levels of the parking garage, ending at the top for the next obstacle.
- At the top of the parking garage, team members will position themselves on the ground in a square, with the legs of each team member on the backs of another.
- They will conduct ten pushups together.
- After completing the push ups, teams will carry their stretcher back down to the start point of CASEVAC.
- Teams will low crawl up Indian Hill, and then run down.
- Team members will conduct burpee broad jumps from one set of cones on WLI Field to another.
- Burpee broad jumps are a combination of a squat, a push up, and a forward jump.
- Team members will each conduct 3 burpees in mud pit, while being hosed down.
- Teams will then low crawl/back crawl/baby crawl/barrel roll through the sand volleyball court.
- Teams will pick up five (5) water jugs at the corner of Watts Barracks, do a lap around the barracks, and drop the jugs at the start point.
- After dropping the water jugs, teams will grab four (4) rubber M16s and run along Hammond Avenue, behind Deas Hall, behind Jenkins Hall, and on to the parade deck to the finish line.
- *Clarification for 2018 Bulldog Challenge: Teams must finish together and cannot send racer with timing chip ahead.